Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gifts

I'm so excited that I can finally share the Christmas gifts that I sewed for my family this year! If you have been following my blog, you'll remember that I just returned from visiting my parents and sisters in Iowa to celebrate a late Christmas. They all read my blog, so I couldn't post any pictures until all the gifts were distributed!

I was really happy with how everything turned out, so I'd like to share photos of each of the projects I tackled for Christmas.

I made the pot holders below for my grandma and my mom. My grandma had been complaining that it was so cold and depressing in Minnesota, so I made sure to include lots of bright, cheery colors to help her get through the winter! The pattern was free on Sew, Mama, Sew and it made two pot holders - perfect!


The cute high heel shoe pot holders below I made for my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law. They love shoes and pink, so I thought these would be perfect. They were really my first foray into quilt block piecing and I'm pretty proud of how they turned out. I got the free pattern for the quilt block on Quiltmaker (scroll down for shoe) and sewed binding around the edges to make them into pot holders.


The bags below are my most complicated projects to date. I made them for my sisters using the Runabout Bag Pattern I purchased from Noodlehead. I just LOVE how they turned out and can't wait to make one for myself. I feel like I could sew anything now!


Finally, I made these lil cutie pouches using a free tutorial I found on Noodlehead. These were so easy to make and I think I'll be making lots more! I gave my sisters each a pouch that matched their bags. The blue paisley pouch went to my mom and I've been using the cute strawberry pouch to hold my new iPod (yes, I got an iPod from my hubby for my b-day! I feel like I have finally made it to the 21st century!)


Hope you enjoyed looking at my projects! Be sure to click on the links to all the patterns so that you can try them out yourself!

6 comments:

  1. You chose such fun fabrics, I love the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you WERE busy! Everything turned out so nice and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it all! esp the zipper bags. you should sell this stuff girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I saw your blog share on the Promo forum and was dropping in to wave, say hello, and follow! Thanks for sharing, and I hope to see you around the blogs!

    Warmly,

    Tiffany Will Write 4 Food
    http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice bags. i'm a new blogger. follow me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!