Wednesday, January 5, 2011

30 Before 30 - A Birthday List!

Well, today is my birthday. Incidentally, it's also National Whipped Cream Day, which I just now learned about. Hmmm . . . who knew?

Anyway, I'm 27 years old today. Happy birthday to me. So many people have done so much to make sure I have a good day, but I just feel old and tired. Boo. [People, I know 27 is *not* old, blah, blah, blah... but let me have my moment here!]

To combat the old and tired feeling, I've decided to make a list. Yes, a list. A list of things I want to do. Since 30 is a big number, I've put together a list of 30 things to do before before then. That's 3 years, an average of 10 things per year. Should be do-able. Some of the things are big, some are small. All are things I either already love to do, but don't do often enough, or are things I would like to do or experience. I do of course, have other *big* life goals, but those probably couldn't get done in the next three years - I did try to keep the list reasonable. Should be fun . . . I'm getting happier just thinking about it! Wish me luck, I'll be sure to keep you updated! :)


30 before 30
1. Sew a full-size quilt
2. Crochet a granny-square afghan
3. Start a family :)
4. Tat a lace doily
5. Get something published
6. Find a trilobite fossil
7. Learn how to make sponge candy
8. Read War & Peace
9. Have a full-time, permanent job with benefits
10. See the aurora borealis
11. Visit a volcano
12. Take a photography course
13. Get a piano
14. Eat squeaky-fresh cheese curds - preferably straight from the factory
15. Make strawberry jam
16. Refinish a piece of furniture
17. Take a hot air balloon ride
18. Drink pink squirrels with my sisters
19. Pay off my college loan
20. Try sushi
21. Volunteer my time for a good cause
22. Make creme brulee
23. Do yoga (Wii) 3 times a week for at least 2 months
24. Take a canoe trip
25. Be more confident
26. Go sledding
27. Sew an article of clothing and actually wear it
28. Go hunting for diamonds
29. Catch a fish
30. See the bats in Austin

Ok, I also want to make homemade noodles. (<- bonus round! ) And probably some other things. But that should cover me for now.

Update: Click HERE for an interactive list (or just click the "30 before 30" tab at top of blog!)


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job, Mandy! And you got it in before the 6th...way to go! And yes, they are all do-able and you will have great memories doing them from start to finish...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I wish you luck. You'll love sushi and sledding, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    You have some neat things on your list!

    If you ever need advice on how to catch a fish, let me know. I come from the land of 10,000 lakes =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a great list! Fun, but totally do-able :)

    I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I wish I had thought of it back then. Maybe I should do a "60 before 60" list (that will give me 9 years to do 60 things--hmmm, can I think of 60 things I still want to do?) And you should know that I went through similar feelings around your age. I was tired. Life was passing me by. Blah, blah, blah. And you know what? It got better! LOTS better! My 30's were such a great decade...and you've already got a head start with this fabulous list and renewed attitude! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!