Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

...but I know that won't be happening. I do, after all, live in Texas. I miss the snow. My parents in Iowa got 4 1/2 inches over the weekend and my mom tells me that it's just beautiful. Supposedly they get snow in Texas once in awhile... in fact it snowed about a foot here last February!

But, I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I've been trying to live vicariously through other people's snow pictures. I found this amazing picture in a stack of my grandmother's photos. She's from Minnesota and the photo is dated 1951. Look at those drifts - they're so much taller than she is! If only it would snow like that again... we'd be snowed in for a week! :)


Marion Beyer - 1951

8 comments:

  1. Snow is wonderful, when it's on photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that's quite a drift!
    Have to agree with the post above...love snow when it's in a photo...for real, not so much.
    I grew up in Canada so I've been in a photo like one!!
    Brrrr!

    Found you through the etsy forums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most awesome photo! I am originally from Illinois. The drifts of snow would be taller than the cars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi amanda!

    beautiful blog!

    we came to CA in 1963 to get away from the snow in PA and NY! ;>)))different strokes, huh? ;>)

    (found you in the forum thread started by maureen!)

    marilyn g
    http://cigarboxbeads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, Mandy!! You will see plenty of it when you come to Iowa in January! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo!

    Its hard for me to imagine missing the snow when we're shoveling it every other day up here in alberta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya, I'm not much of a snow person myself but it sure is pretty to look at.;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I know snow makes it hard to get around... and it can be a pain, but this will be my first Christmas without any!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!