Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Card Display Idea

If you're like me, you probably love receiving Christmas cards and are always looking for a new way to display them during the Christmas season. This year, I came up with a really easy way to display them around a doorway in our home.

All I did was string a wide ribbon around the doorway (I used 3M hooks in the corners), and then I used mini clothespins (found those at Jo-Ann's) to hang the cards along the length of the ribbon. I think that for how simple it was, it turned out rather cute! I also like the clothespins because they make it easy to re-arrange the cards as we receive more, and it is easy to take the cards off to read them.

blog5




blog4

It was hard to get a good photo of both sides of the door frame (above), but the cards are hanging down both sides.

blog3

You could also decorate the clothespins with ribbon or scrapbook paper to make it even cuter!

blog2

What do you think? What do you do to show off your pretty Christmas cards?

blog1

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. My mother used to tape them to a door in the shape of a tree, but this is even better.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!