Sunday, November 14, 2010

For Those Who Have Served

In honor of Veteran's Day (I know I'm a few days late, but that doesn't make the thought less valuable), I'd like to share some of the photographs my grandfather took during World War II. He served in the European Theater... as a member of the 831st Engineer Aviation Battalion of the U.S. Army. He was a part of the Company A Mess Unit in charge of cooking and distributing meals. We have type-written menus he brought back from the war, titled "Ben's Beanery" (his name was Ben) at the top and decorated with various sketches and pencil drawings... sooo neat! If I ever get the chance to scan those, I will add a few to the blog. In the meantime, here are some photos. Thank you to everyone who has served our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!