Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Take 2

Ok, I'm going to try this again. I tried to start up a blog about a year ago and failed get past the second post... here goes take 2.

Originally, I had planned to write about genealogy and other experiences with family history. Although this is super-interesting to me, I just haven't had much time for it lately, plus I feel like anything I post online should be well-researched and correct, so I just haven't gotten around to that. I think I'm going to broaden my focus - - maybe something like the "intersections of history with everyday life" or something of that sort. That would encompass family history, but also all sorts of encounters and experiences I come across during a typical day. And it doesn't always have to involve history, but as a museum person and one who loves vintage and antique shopping, it probably will quite often. This means the blog title and header will probably get a re-work in the next while.

I feel like I'm rambling, but I guess I just want this blog to relate a little more to my everyday life. I would like to talk about my experiences, share photos... like a journal for myself, but also for my family who lives so far away.

Signing off for tonight, but the ideas are ruminating....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!